- Plugin Name: JSM's Force HTTP to HTTPS
- Stable Version: 3.1.0
- Author: JS Morisset
- Description: No setup required! Simply activate to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS using native WordPress filters and 301 permanent redirects for best SEO.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires PHP: 5.6 or newer
- Requires WordPress: 3.9 or newer
- Tested Up To WordPress: 5.3
- Last Updated: 1 month ago
- Plugin Homepage »
A simple, safe, and reliable way to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS dynamically:
No setup required!
Simply activate the plugin to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS.
SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT than other plugins of this type (in the best way):
Other plugins use PHP's output buffer to search and replace URLs within the webpage HTML, which is error prone and affects caching performance.
This plugin uses native WordPress filters for maximum caching compatibility and performance, with 301 permanent redirects for best SEO (301 redirects are considered best for SEO when moving from HTTP to HTTPS).
Honors proxy / load-balancing variables for large hosting environments:
Your web server must be configured with an SSL certificate and able to handle HTTPS request. ;-)
Simply activate the plugin and you're done:
There are no plugin settings to adjust, and no changes are made to your WordPress configuration — simply activate or deactivate the plugin to enable / disable the filters and dynamic redirects.