- Plugin Name: JSM's Force HTTP to HTTPS
- Stable Version: 3.2.0
- Author: JS Morisset
- Description: No setup required - simply activate to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS using native WordPress filters and permanent redirects for best SEO.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires PHP: 5.6 or newer
- Requires WordPress: 4.2 or newer
- Tested Up To WordPress: 5.5
- Last Updated: 15 hours ago
- Plugin Homepage »
A simple, safe, and reliable way to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS dynamically:
No setup required — simply activate the plugin to force HTTP URLs to HTTPS.
SIGNIFICANTLY FASTER than other popular plugins of this type:
Other well known plugins use PHP's output buffer to search & replace URLs in the rendered HTML, which is a technique that is error prone and negatively affects caching performance (as changes are not cached).
This plugin uses standard WordPress filters instead of PHP's output buffer for maximum reliability, performance, caching compatibility, and uses 301 permanent redirects for best SEO results (301 redirects are considered best for SEO when moving from HTTP to HTTPS).
Honors proxy / load-balancing variables for large hosting environments:
Your web server must be configured with an SSL certificate and able to handle HTTPS request. ;-)
Simply activate the plugin and you're done:
There are no plugin settings to adjust and no changes are made to your WordPress configuration — simply activate or deactivate the plugin to enable / disable the filters and dynamic redirects.