- Plugin Name: JSM's Force SSL / HTTPS
- Stable Version: 1.1.0-1
- Description: A simple and effective way to force webpage and upload directory URLs from HTTP to HTTPS with a permanent redirect.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires At Least: WordPress 3.8
- Tested Up To: WordPress 4.7.2
- Last Updated: 3 weeks ago
- Downloaded: 34 times
- Plugin Homepage »
An effective way to make sure that all the HTTP URLs on your website get redirected to HTTPS, including the WordPress upload directory URL for images, etc.
The plugin defines the
FORCE_SSL_LOGIN constants, then makes sure that all front-end HTTP requests are redirected to their HTTPS equivalent.
The plugin also hooks the WordPress 'upload_dir' filter to make sure that all upload directory URLs match the current webpage protocol.
The plugin checks and honors the proxy / load-balancing
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SSL web server variables.
There are no plugin settings — simply install and activate the plugin.
Your web server must be configured with an SSL certificate and able to handle HTTPS request. ;-)