- Plugin Name: JSM's Non-Breaking Space for French Content
- Stable Version: 1.8.2
- Description: Adds a non-breaking space between words and punctuation marks to avoid inappropriate line-breaks in French.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires At Least: WordPress 3.7
- Tested Up To: WordPress 4.7.4
- Last Updated: 7 hours ago
- Downloaded: 1,654 times
- Plugin Homepage »
This plugin adds non-breaking spaces required by the French language in the content, excerpt, comments, and text widget — skipping over pre-formatted code blocks, styles and scripts.
<!--:fr--> HTML tag is found (used by some multilingual plugins), non-breaking spaces are added only between the
<!--:--> HTML tags.
There are no plugin settings — simply install and activate the plugin.
Filters for Developers
'nbsp_french_add_filters' ( array $names ) — An associative array of filter names (and their priority number) to hook by default.
'nbsp_french_currencies' ( $regex ) — A list of recognized currencies.
To hook additional filters, include their names and priority in the 'nbsp_french_add_filters' array or hook them individually in your functions.php:
add_filter( 'another_text_filter_name', array( 'NbspFrench', 'filter' ), 10, 1 );