- Plugin Name: JSM's Show Term Metadata
- Stable Version: 1.1.0
- Author: JS Morisset
- Description: Show all term (categories, tags) meta in a metabox on term editing pages -- great plugin for developers or debugging issues with term meta.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires PHP: 5.6 or newer
- Requires WordPress: 4.4 or newer
- Tested Up To WordPress: 5.4
- Last Updated: 13 hours ago
- Plugin Homepage »
Wondering about the term meta your theme and/or plugins might be creating?
Want to find the name of a specific term meta key?
Need some help debugging your term meta?
The JSM's Show Term Metadata plugin displays all term (categories, tags) meta keys and their unserialized values in a metabox at the bottom of term editing pages.
There are no plugin settings — simply install and activate the plugin.
Term meta has been available since WordPress v4.4. Older plugins that supported "term meta" before WordPress v4.4 may not use the current WordPress term meta functions, preferring to use their own custom "term meta" solutions instead. This custom "term meta", which is not stored in the WordPress term meta table, will not appear in the Term Metadata list. You can contact the author of those older plugins to request an update, which uses the current WordPress term meta functions, or hook the 'jsm_stm_term_meta' filter to merge the custom "term meta". As an example, the Yoast SEO plugin still does not use the new term meta functions, while the WooCommerce and WPSSO plugins do.