Make sure social websites present your content in the best possible way, no matter how your webpage is shared — from sharing buttons on the webpage, browser add-ons and extensions, or URLs pasted directly on social websites.
NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) gives you total control over the information social websites need, improving Google Search ranking, social engagement, and click-through-rates on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Tumblr and and many more — along with offering many of the most popular social sharing buttons!
Quick List of Features
Free / Basic Version
- Adds Open Graph / Rich Pin meta tags (Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Configurable image sizes for Open Graph (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and Pinterest.
- Optional fallback to a default image and video for index and search webpages.
- Supports featured, attached, gallery shortcode, and/or HTML image tags in content.
- Validates image dimensions to provide accurate media for social websites.
- Auto-regeneration of inaccurate / missing WordPress image sizes.
- Support for embedded videos (iframe and object HTML tags).
- Fully renders content (including shortcodes) for accurate description texts.
- Configurable title separator character (hyphen by default).
- Support of WordPress and/or SEO titles for Posts and Pages.
- Includes author and publisher profile URLs for Facebook and Google Search.
- Includes hashtags from Post / Page WordPress Tags.
- Includes the author's name for Pinterest Rich Pins.
- Includes a Google / SEO description meta tag if a known SEO plugin is not detected.
- Fallback to the image alt value if the content and except do not include any text.
- Provides Facebook, Google+ and Twitter URL profile contact fields.
- Validation tools and special meta tag preview tabs on admin edit pages.
- Customizable multilingual Site Title and Site Description texts.
- Contextual help for every plugin option and comprehensive online documentation.
- Uses object and transient caches to provide incredibly fast execution speeds.
- Default stylesheets for each social sharing button location.
- Social sharing buttons for the content, excerpt, in a widget, as a shortcode, floating sidebar, and/or PHP function.
Pro / Power-User Version
- No Risk 30 Day Refund Policy
- Twitter Card meta tags:
- Product Card — Product information from an e-commerce plugin.
- Player Card — An embedded video in the Post / Page content.
- Gallery Card — A Media Library gallery or NextGEN Gallery shortcode.
- Photo Card — An Attachment page or NextGEN Gallery ImageBrowser webpage.
- Large Image Summary Card — An image from the custom Social Settings, Featured, Attached, or NextGEN Gallery singlepic.
- Summary Card — All other webpages.
- Customizable image dimensions for each Twitter Card type.
- Configurable title and description lengths for different contexts (Open Graph, Twitter Card, SEO).
- Additional profile contact fields with configurable label and field names.
- Custom settings and meta tag values for each Post, Page, and custom post type.
- Options to exclude specific Google / SEO, Open Graph, and Twitter Card meta tags.
- A stylesheets editor for each social sharing button locations (content, excerpt, shortcode, widget, etc.).
- Dynamic button language switching based on the current WordPress locale.
- URL shortening with Bitly or Google for URLs in Tweet texts.
- Ability to include / exclude sharing buttons by post type.
- Selection of preset button options by location (content, excerpt, shortcode, widget, etc.).
- Integrates with 3rd party plugins and services for additional image, video, product, and content information (see About Pro Addons and Integration Notes for details):
- All in One SEO Pack
- Easy Digital Downloads
- HeadSpace2 SEO
- JetPack Photon
- NextGEN Gallery
- MarketPress - WordPress eCommerce
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- WP e-Commerce
- Service APIs
- Gravatar Images
- Bitly Shortener
- Google Shortener
- Slideshare Presentations
- Vimeo Videos
- Wistia Videos
- Youtube Videos and Playlists
Looking for the Pro version? You can purchase Pro license(s) here to update the Free version quickly and easily.
3rd Party Integration
Aside from the additional support for Twitter Cards, the main difference between the Free and Pro versions is the integration of 3rd party plugins and services.
Images and Videos
NGFB detects and uses all images - associated or included in your Post or Page content - including WordPress Media Library image galleries and embedded videos from Slideshare, Vimeo, Wistia, and Youtube (including their preview images). WordPress Media Library images (and NextGEN Gallery in the Pro version) are resized according to their intended audience (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc).
NGFB (Pro version) integrates with WordPress SEO by Yoast, All in One SEO Pack, and HeadSpace2 SEO — making sure your custom SEO settings are reflected in the Open Graph, Rich Pin, and Twitter Card meta tags.
WPSSO (Pro version) also supports Easy Digital Downloads, MarketPress - WordPress eCommerce, WooCommerce v1 and v2, and WP e-Commerce product pages, creating appropriate meta tags for Facebook Products, Twitter Product Cards and Pinterest Rich Pins, including variations and additional / custom images.
Forums and Social
NGFB (Pro version) supports bbPress and BuddyPress (see the BuddyPress Integration Notes), making sure your meta tags reflect the page content, including appropriate titles, descriptions, images, etc. Social sharing buttons can also be added to bbPress single template pages and BuddyPress activities.
Social Sharing Buttons
NGFB comes with several sharing buttons, that you can optionally include on Post / Page editing pages, above / below your content or excerpt, bbPress single pages, BuddyPress activity entries, as a sidebar, widget, shortcode, or even call a function from your theme template(s). Each of the following sharing buttons can be enabled, configured, and styled individually:
- Facebook (Like, Send, and Share)
- Tumblr (Links, Quotes, Images, Videos)
- Twitter (Summary, Large Image Summary, Photo, Gallery, Player and Product Cards)
The Facebook, Google+ and Twitter sharing buttons support multiple languages. A default language can be chosen in the NGFB settings, and the Pro version switches the sharing button language with the webpage language / WordPress locale. NGFB can also include hashtags, from WordPress and NextGEN Gallery tag names, in the Open Graph (Facebook) and Pinterest Rich Pin descriptions, Tweet text, and other social captions.
NGFB (Pro version) allows you to customize the field names, label, and show/remove the following contacts from the user profile page:
- Jabber / Google Talk
- Yahoo IM
Complete Meta Tags
NGFB adds Open Graph (Facebook), Pinterest Rich Pins, Twitter Cards, and Search Engine Optimization meta tags to the head section of webpages. These meta tags are used by Google Search and most social websites to describe and display your content correctly (title, description, hashtags, images, videos, product, author profile / authorship, publisher, etc.). NGFB is a complete social sharing solution that uses the existing content of your webpages to build HTML meta tags — There's no need to manually enter / configure any additional values or settings (although many settings and options are available). See examples from Google Search, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, etc. — along with screenshots of the NGFB settings pages.
- Google / SEO Link and Meta Tags
- Facebook Meta Tags
- Open Graph / Rich Pin Meta Tags
- Schema Meta Tags
- Twitter Card Meta Tags (Pro version)
- twitter:card (Summary, Large Image Summary, Photo, Gallery, Player and Product)
NGFB is fast and coded for performance, making full use of all available caching techniques (persistent / non-persistent object and disk caching). NGFB loads only the library files and object classes it needs, keeping it small, fast, and yet still able to support a wide range of 3rd party integration features.
How Fast is NGFB?
Very Fast. A few example metrics from the P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin, using WP Test Data, and the default settings of several popular plugins, along with the WordPress Core and Twenty Fourteen theme for reference:
- 0.0050 secs - WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (SSB) v1.0.9
- 0.0116 secs - WordPress Social Sharing Optimization (WPSSO) v2.6.9
- 0.0149 secs - All in One SEO Pack v2.2.1
- 0.0157 secs - MarketPress - WordPress eCommerce v126.96.36.199 (No Products)
- 0.0186 secs - NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) v7.6.8
- 0.0230 secs - Easy Digital Downloads v1.9.8 (No Products)
- 0.0254 secs - MailPoet Newsletters (aka Wysija Newsletters) v2.6.9
- 0.0322 secs - WP e-Commerce v188.8.131.52 (No Products)
- 0.0345 secs - WordPress Twenty Fourteen Theme v1.1
- 0.0393 secs - bbPress v2.5.3 (No Forums or Topics)
- 0.0425 secs - WooCommerce v2.1.5 (No Products)
- 0.0488 secs - WordPress Core v3.9.1
- 0.0572 secs - SEO Ultimate v7.6.2
- 0.0579 secs - Facebook v1.5.5
- 0.0656 secs - BuddyPress v1.9.2 (No Activities)
- 0.1055 secs - WordPress SEO by Yoast v184.108.40.206
- 0.1980 secs - JetPack by WordPress.com v2.9.2
- 0.2085 secs - NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati v2.0.66 (No Galleries or Images)
Benchmarks were executed on dedicated hardware, using an APC opcode/object cache, WordPress v3.9.1, and P3 v1.5.1 configured with opcode optimization enabled (improves accuracy).
Try the NGFB plugin with complete confidence — when uninstalled, NGFB removes all traces of itself from the database (options, site options, user and post meta, transients, etc.).
NGFB support and development is on-going. You can review the FAQ and Notes pages for additional setup information. If you have any suggestions or comments, post them to the WordPress support forum or the Pro version support website.