You can add one or more social sharing buttons to your content by using the
[ngfb] shortcode anywhere in the content text.
Make sure the “Enable Shortcode(s)” option (on the NGFB Advanced settings page) is enabled, or the shortcode will be ignored.
[ngfb buttons="facebook, gplus, linkedin, pinterest, stumbleupon, tumblr, twitter"]
You may use several arguments:
- A list of buttons to include, as shown in the example above. You must include at least one button name.
- A specific URL to share, instead of the current webpage or Post URL.
- A picture ID to share for the Pinterest and Tumblr buttons. NextGEN Gallery picture IDs must be in the form of ‘ngg-#’ (for example:
- A specific photo / image URL to share for the Pinterest and Tumblr buttons. The
photoargument takes precedence over the
- A CSS class name to wrap the shortcode buttons.
- A CSS id name to wrap the shortcode buttons.
- A custom filter id that can be used to modify the default options filter name. The default filter id is “shortcode” and the resulting complete filter name is wpsso
_sharing_html_shortcode_options. You can hook into this filter to modify the NGFB options before the plugin generates the shortcode buttons HTML.
- The id of a button preset to apply – for example, “large_share_vertical” or “small_share_count”. The default is to use the preset value from the NGFB Buttons settings page.
Note that like all other methods used to add social sharing buttons, a featured or attached image must be present for the Pinterest button to show (unless the
photo shortcode argument is used).