A list of NGFB filters used to modify and return information about the webpage (title, description, tags, etc.). Some filters have an extra “seed” variant — the “seed” filter is typically applied at the beginning of a method (so the input string or array is empty), and if a value is returned by the filter, the value is used as-is and the remainder of the method is skipped. The “non-seed” filter variant is applied at the end of the method, so the filter receives a complete string or array that can be modified before being returned.
If you’d like to customize and integrate additional features into the NGFB plugin, we offer custom development services. Submit a ticket to describe your requirements, and we can give you an idea of the expected time and cost to develop your custom feature(s).
Returns a Text String
ngfb_caption ( $caption, $type = 'title', $length = 200, $use_post = true, $use_cache = true, $add_hashtags = true )
- The caption used by Tumblr, Pinterest, and the Twitter sharing buttons.
ngfb_description_seed ( '', $use_post = false, $use_cache = true, $add_hashtags = true, $encode = true, $custom = 'og_desc' )
ngfb_description_pre_limit ( $description )
ngfb_description ( $description )
- The description text used in all description meta tag.
ngfb_content_seed ( '' )
ngfb_content ( $content )
- The filtered (shortcodes resolved, etc.) or un-filtered (depending on settings) content of the Post or Page.
ngfb_quote_seed ( '' )
ngfb_quote ( $quote )
- The quote text used by the Tumblr sharing button.
ngfb_section ( $section )
- The section text used in the article:section meta tag.
ngfb_title_seed ( '', $use_post = false, $use_cache = true, $add_hashtags = false )
ngfb_title_pre_limit ( $title )
ngfb_title ( $title )
- The title text used in the og:title meta tag. If the page contains multiple pages, the page numbers are included in the title text.
ngfb_hashtags_seed ( '', $post_id )
ngfb_hashtags ( $hashtags, $post_id )
- A text string of hashtags, delimited by spaces (example: #abc #def). This filter takes 2 arguments, the first is the text string of hashtags, and the second is an optional post ID number.
Returns an Array
ngfb_tags ( $tags = array(), $post_id )
- An array of WordPress and NextGEN Gallery tags (if applicable and allowed by settings) used in the article:tag meta tags. This filter takes 2 arguments, the first is the array of tags, and the second is an optional post ID number.
ngfb_wp_tags ( $tags = array(), $post_id )
- An array of WordPress Post and Page tags used in the article:tag meta tags. This filter takes 2 arguments, the first is the array of tags, and the second is an optional post ID number.