Have a look at the selection of videos available on Surnia Ulula’s Youtube Channel. Familiarize yourself with the difference between meta tags and social buttons — the first provides information about the webpage to social websites, the other just shares the URL of the current webpage. ;-)
Review the plugin Codex on the support website. NGFB Open Graph+ is a powerful tool, which can detect images and videos from a variety of sources (attached, featured, content, etc.), along with e-commerce product information. It’s worth reading some of the most common questions to get an idea of what it can do. Some of the most relevant / popular ones might be:
- Can I use other social sharing buttons?
- How does NGFB Open Graph+ find images?
- Why doesn’t Facebook show the correct image?
- More Frequently Asked Questions…
Enable the Twitter Cards on the Open Graph+ General settings page, under Publisher Settings (Pro version).
Verify the accuracy of your Open Graph tags by submitting a few Posts and Pages to the Facebook Debugger. A link to the Facebook Debugger is also available under the Validation Tools tab, in the Custom Settings metabox on the Post / Page editing pages.
Pinterest Rich Pins are an extension of Open Graph meta tags, so once you’ve validated the meta tags with the Facebook Debugger, you can submit them to the Pinterest Rich Pin Validator. The Rich Pin Validator can be a little buggy, so double check errors with the Facebook Debugger to make sure they are actual errors. ;-)
Submit a sampling of Posts and Pages to the Twitter Card Validator — each card type must be approved individually, so choose Posts and Pages with featured images, galleries, products, etc. and submit an example of each. Here’s a list of supported Twitter Cards, and how NGFB Open Graph+ selects a Twitter Card based on the content.
- Product : Product information from a supported e-commerce plugin.
- Player : An embedded video in the content from YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia.
- Gallery Card : A WordPress Media Library gallery or NextGEN Gallery nggalbum, nggallery, nggtags shortcodes.
- Photo Card : A WordPress Attachment Page or NextGEN Gallery ImageBrowser webpage.
- Large Image Summary Card : An image defined in the Post or Page Open Graph+ Custom Settings, a Featured, Attached, or NextGEN Gallery singlepic shortcode image.
- Summary : All other webpages.
Links to all the various validation tools and services are available in the Custom Settings box on any Post / Page editing page.